I’m not normally one for New Year’s resolutions. I think it’s important to evaluate and re-evaluate at regular intervals, and make goal-setting a regular thing. That said, I’m feeling optimistic about this year, and I have a few things that I’m really setting out to work on in 2014.
- Read more books.
- Save more money.
- Plan meals in advance, and always make something wonderful.
- Really make an effort not to let other people’s negativity affect me. (this is a big one)
- Be more productive, and create beautiful things.
- Enrich my life with more music, more flavours, more art.
- Improve my fluency in Français and Svenska.
- Take good care of myself so that I can take good care of my family and loved ones.
- Be a better gardener.
Did I say a few things? Okay, I’ll stop at ten. There’s nothing on my list that is particularly daunting or difficult, right? I’m not going to kid myself into a gym membership or anything outlandish!
Do you have any resolutions for the new year? How do you aim to keep yourself on track with your goals? I’d love to hear what everyone else is resolved to do this year.
Meanwhile, I wish you all the best for an enlightened, fulfilling, prosperous and joyful 2014!